John Michael Graham, passed away in Mississauga on Saturday May 3, 2014, at the age of 78. Beloved husband of Margaret and predeceased by his first wife Helen. Loving father of Nicola and Cameron. Proud grandpa of Tanin, Taylor and great-grandfather of Brooklyn, Lawson and Ryder. Dear brother of Mac and David.
John was with us all a little over three short weeks ago and now he has gone. We remember his ‘comfortable company’. He was a man that was so easy to spend time with. He was back from vacation and none of us knew we were about to lose him.
He used to be a ‘Navyman’ and his email address reminded us of that. Like so many of us he had come to this country to start a new life. Like a few of us the ‘old country’ was England. His other passion was ballroom dancing, where he would be the perfect English gentleman.
He worked relentlessly for the Toronto section as chair, as treasurer and most recently on the team that ran the ‘Spring Seminar’. The seminar came from an original idea of John’s and was an innovation that John helped make into a section success.
John was a rare breed in ASQ, he was the backbone of the section and people like him are few and far between. He sought no glory and he worked relentlessly for the good of the section.
Our hearts go out to Margaret at this time of loss. Margaret please take comfort in the memory of a wonderful man who we all loved.
Farewell our Fine Friend and may you be in peace with God.
A short bio of John with ASQ Toronto:
- John became ASQ member in April 1979. Within one year i.e. in 1980 , he joined ASQ Forum committee. He has been on section committee holding various responsibilities since then.
- He was section chair twice – in 1992 and in 2002
- He also held secretary’s position twice
- Then he was a forum chair for 2 years
- He has successfully handled the important responsibility as a “treasurer” – four to five times
- He was education chair
- He also was a historian for a few years
- He was a phantom member of CQCA
- He was “senior adviser” for last few years